History

From 1959 to 1967, the congregation held services at Doylestown Friends Meeting. In November of 1961, the Board of Trustees passed a resolution authorizing the acquisition of land on Swamp Road on which to build a synagogue. The 2.3-acre site was purchased in December of that year, and construction of the synagogue was completed in 1967. Formal dedication of the new building took place on September 8, 1967. One of the speakers at the event was the noted author James Michener, a resident of Bucks County.

The congregation has grown steadily through the years, while maintaining the relaxed feel of a small and friendly community. As membership expanded, we outgrew our building on Swamp Road and began a capital campaign to raise funds for a new building. In October 2011, we completed the purchase of an 8-acre parcel of land in Furlong (Doylestown Township), and began construction on our new facility in early 2012. We were thrilled to move into our beautiful and spacious new home in late December of that year, celebrating with a torah procession and building dedication on January 6, 2013.

2012 was an exciting year for us; in addition to completing our new building construction, our congregation welcomed Rabbi Mitchell Delcau as our spiritual leader. Rabbi Delcau and his family came to us from Denver, Colorado. To read more about Rabbi Delcau, click here.

Our synagogue is a dynamic and exciting Jewish congregation in the heart of Bucks County, and we are proud of the important role we play in the lives of our members and in the regional community. We invite those who are interested to visit us and consider becoming part of our warm and welcoming congregation.

Temple Judea of Bucks County
38 Rogers Road
PO Box 109
Furlong, PA 18925

 

For questions or membership information, call or email
P: 215.348.5022 | F: 215.268.3410 | judea@templejudea.org